Happily living a simple life, exploring the great outdoors with my husband and our 2 amazing girls. I'm a Shutterbug-constantly taking pictures and have had a real camera in my hand since I was 12 years old! I love to cook, craft, bake, travel and help people! I've been told I'm a "Jane of all trades" but I usually refer to myself as having Creativity A.D.D. This blog will consist mostly of recipes and foodie posts, but occasionally I come across an organizing idea or DIY post I just can't resist sharing!

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Nothing like a dose of Fall in late July...

Where we live, the end of Summer gets the hottest...the miserable 99-104° days of Mid-July to the end of August are best described by that good ol' phrase, "The Dog Days of Summer". I know there is probably a perfectly good historical meaning to that phrase, but we all like to say it's because it's so hot even your dog doesn't want to go outside! That being said, this year Mother Nature decided to throw us a glorious curve ball (It's baseball season, right?) for the past week(and the 7 day futurecast) the high has been-and is predicted to continue to be 80...and that was today. Every other day has been a beautiful 75-79°. I know the other shoe is eventually going to drop and August will resume smothering us with heat, but until that happens we are enjoying a ton of outdoor fun, gorgeous evenings which have required jeans and hoodies(OH Happy day!) and even a few very confused trees changing color!



My husband and I have really been looking forward to this coming Fall, we enjoy hiking and just getting out and observing and enjoying nature as a family. This year, however, it was even more exciting to think about Fall because we felt like our children have finally reached an age that it will actually be enjoyable taking them hiking, you know, without carrying them or a diaper bag the whole time or hearing "my legs are tired" 10 minutes after you start(This was the case last year from our youngest!) Well, with this awesome weather pattern stretching through the weekend, we didn't have to wait for Fall, we decided it was as good a time as any to get out and give it a shot! We packed lunches, threw some water in our backpack and headed out hiking for the day! The girls did such a great job and they loved every minute of it! The weather was fantastic, the trails weren't too crowded, and the drive to get there was beautiful! I thought I'd share some of my favorite photos, I still can't believe these were taken in July...(See?! Jeans!!!)
















No comments:

Post a Comment