Happily living a simple life, exploring the great outdoors with my husband and our 2 amazing girls. I'm a Shutterbug-constantly taking pictures and have had a real camera in my hand since I was 12 years old! I love to cook, craft, bake, travel and help people! I've been told I'm a "Jane of all trades" but I usually refer to myself as having Creativity A.D.D. This blog will consist mostly of recipes and foodie posts, but occasionally I come across an organizing idea or DIY post I just can't resist sharing!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Chicago, Chicago, that toddling town...

Well, it's official, I'm in love with the Windy City...and their pizza!! (Giordano's...much love!) The hubby and I recently paid our first(of hopefully many to come) trips to Chicago, IL for Mother's Day. Not only did we get to spend some quality time with my In-Laws(it was kind of a "surprise" visit for Mother's Day, it's been a while since we've seen them!) it was also a great opportunity to travel and show the kids what a Big City really looks like! They had a blast, and enjoyed being able to say they saw one of the TALLEST buildings in the WORLD-and not be exaggerating! From the food, to the views, and the wonderful cab and trolley ride experiences, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!


Giordano's Restaurant and Pizzeria
Chicago's Famous Stuffed Pizza
www.giordanos.com

"Welcome, to my City!" 

Breathtaking view from the Navy Pier

Partial view of the skyline from the Navy Pier entrance

One of many amazing skyscrapers...

The stairs leading up to the Shopping Capitol of Chicago, Michigan Ave. 

Michigan Ave.

Yet another gorgeous skyscraper...

The Wrigley Building, amazing architecture!

"Cloud Gate" in Millennium Park, better known as "The Bean"

Representin'! Haha!

Underneath The Bean...very cool...

The other half of the skyline's reflection...

O-H-I-O! GO BUCKS!

View of the city streets from Millennium Park

Ferris wheels hold such an abstract beauty...I can't resist snapping a few shots!


"A Foggy Day in Chicago."

The magnificent view of the Chicago skyline from the top of the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel! 

Another view...love that building!

There's that Ferris Wheel again! ♥

So beautiful, I hated to leave!!

No comments:

Post a Comment