Happily living a simple life, exploring the great outdoors with my husband and our 2 amazing girls. I'm a Shutterbug-constantly taking pictures and have had a real camera in my hand since I was 12 years old! I love to cook, craft, bake, travel and help people! I've been told I'm a "Jane of all trades" but I usually refer to myself as having Creativity A.D.D. This blog will consist mostly of recipes and foodie posts, but occasionally I come across an organizing idea or DIY post I just can't resist sharing!

Monday, August 30, 2010

♫Balloons & Tunes♫

What an amazing experience this was! We met up with friends for a breathtaking evening at the Hot Air Balloon Festival. We even got to take a tethered ride in one! It was awesome! The whole event was just a gorgeous sight, I can't imagine what it would be like to see the larger festivals-the International Balloon festival in Albuquerque, NM hails 750 balloons in the sky! How spectacular would that be!? We are putting it on our wishlist of places/things to see and take pictures of...(We're not going to discuss the length of that list...) I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them-I was one excited photographer! (And you are officially warned-this is a pic heavy post!-although is nothing in comparison to the 467 pictures I snapped...ahh the joys of continuous shooting, have I mentioned lately how much I love my camera?)

How exciting!?
(Sure, it was tied to some ropes, but I'm cool with that! Actually, I think I prefer it that way!!)
Watching, waiting our turn...
Going up.... :D
Natalie wasn't so sure at first-but she warmed up to it by the end of the ride and wanted to do it again! haha
Haylie, on the other hand, LOVED it...
She is getting so big! And has mysteriously grown some funny ears on top of her head...
Amazing.
“Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment